If you already installed the 0.2.9.r1206 release, than you can meet our newest “baby”: brand new GTG user docs in Mallard!
Delivery of this baby was pretty painless (no need for an epidural ;):
– Bertrand and Izidor received the Mallard files that I prepared
– after some brainstorming they decided to follow the standard procedure (check this resource on Stackoverflow):
- Mallard pages are placed in the doc/userdoc/C folder (once we have the user docs localized, each locale will go into its own subfolder (es_ES, sk_SK, it_IT…)
- setup.py file has been modified to install those pages in the $PREFIX/share/help/$LANG/gtg folder
- Contents item has been added to the Help menu and the browser code has been modified to open help:gtg when pressing F1
- Help button has been added to the Edit > Synchronization Services dialog to open directly the respective help page
Of course, as Murphy’s Law demands, as soon as the release was ready and public, I noticed a couple things that needed revision and correction. Documentation is a work-in-progress – it will need periodic revisions and improvements!
The next step is including the GTG user docs into the GNOME Library. However, since it is not part of the official modulesets on git.gnome.org, we’ll have to file a bug at Bugzilla for the component library.gnome.org. That way, the userdocs that are now included into the GTG tarball will be processed by library-web autotools build system and become available online as the rest of GNOME user apps.