Best Locks for Folding Bikes 2021 – Every lock can be broken. But with advancements in design manufacturers have been trying to find ways to create stronger locks that are difficult to get past. Pick from our list of The 10 Best Locks in the market today.
Best Locks for Folding Bikes 2021
Colour: Black with Red
Material: Hardened Steel with Nylon 6 and Glass Fibers Cover
Finish type: Painted
Item dimensions LxWxH: 12 x 2.2 x 8.3 inches
As solid and trustworthy as a FoldyLock Classic, yet in a more modest, all the more light-weight plan. Indestructible and reduced. There when you need it, unnoticeable when you don’t.
- Three sets of keys! It’s extremely rare to find a product which includes a third extra key.
- I’ve used a lot of different U-locks and the keys are cut from really thin and low-quality metal.
- It bolts directly into standard water bottle holder mounts and is really secure.
- You could get a top-rated u-lock for this price and that would technically be more secure.
- You can put it pretty low on your frame so it shouldn’t throw off your bike’s dynamics much, which is good.
- Going over smooth surfaces there aren’t any rattles from the lock, but bumpy surfaces definitely produce noise.
#02 – Abus Granit X-Plus
Material: Alloy Steel
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 14.57 x 8.66 x 7.87 inches
Lock Type: Key Lock
The Abus Granit X-Plus U-Lock has a dual locking system that is incredibly tough. It is lightweight and extremely well-made. It comes with a holder that can be carried anywhere on the bike. It looks good and blends in with any cycle. Two keys come with the lock, one having LED lights. Registering your keys with Abus helps you to get replacement keys in case you lose your keys. The keys glide smoothly with no difficulties. Even though it is a bit pricier it provides excellent security.
- High Security, low weight.
- The lock itself is solid.
- Feels very well made.
- No lock is ‘thief proof’.
- Most of the time the heavier the lock, the more secure.
- Nice but too heavy for me.
Mark: LJ LihJaw
Material: Hardened Alloy steel
Finish type: Folding lock
Clasp type: Key Lock
Lih Jaw rock-solid, high security bicycle lock collapsing steel 8 joints are another choice in case versatility is a top concern, and can give more assurance than a high security chain or link lock. Ultra solid collapsing steel bicycle lock, simple to convey, in light of the fact that they’re more slender than U-locks.
- I’m using this on my steel frame bicycle and it’s alright.
- Folding lock.
- I would not use this on aluminum frame bicycle because it’s heavy compared to other Folding Locks.
#04 – Kryptonite Evolution
Size: 4″ x 9″
Material: Alloy Steel
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 13 x 7 x 3 inches
Lock Type: Key Lock
This Kryptonite lock has 13mm steel shackles with hardened deadbolts that enhance the holding power. It is resistant to bolt cutters and any kind of hand tools. It also has a 10mm looped steel cable that provides extra security. You get 3 stainless steel keys and one LED replaceable key fob. Once you register your keys, Kryptonite ships 2 keys if you lose them.
- Big, but I feel more safe/assured now.
- Can this BEE keep the Honey safe?
- The locking mechanism feels sturdy and each comes with three keys.
- Good lock, but bigger and heavier than Amazon says it is.
- The only negative is that the lock is a little heavy.
- Under 2 BRACKET INSTALLATION it says “Slide strap into locking tab.
#05 – OTTOLOCK – Cerraduras
Color: Flash Green
Material: Alloy Steel
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 3 x 3 x 1 inches
Lock Type: Combination Lock
Ottolock Combination Bike Lock is lightweight and can be carried in a pocket, backpack, or saddlebag. It weighs just 175gms and has a diameter of 3.5” when not in use. It is constructed with three levels of Stainless steel with a Kevlar jacket that is resistant to various tools. The band itself is coated in anti-scratch plastic which is rubber-like. Your bike wheels can be locked to a small pole or post, or with another bike. It can also be used to childproof cabinets or tie up the equipment while transporting.
- Extremely light and safe enough.
- Super portable and easy to use.
- Flawed setup.
- Do not use the keepers they send you with the lock to attach to your bicycle. You will loose it.
- Lock jams easily.
- Won’t unlock after having for 5 months
#06 – SIGTUNA, candado
Material: Carbon Steel
Finish Type: Painted
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 7.48 x 1.57 x 2.24 inches
The Sigtuna Bike Lock is solid and sturdy. It has a weight of about two mini U-locks. It is made from a thicker metal than typical U-locks and looks thicker and wider too. This U-lock opens and locks easily and the keyhole cover is convenient. The locking mechanism is smooth and solid. The key remains in the lock until both ends of the U lock are inserted properly. You might not want to carry it around every day as it can be quite heavy, but it serves its purpose well.
- This product is the bomb!! I trust it 100%.
- Great Lock, Great Company, Great Customer Service.
- The Envy of U-lock Users Everywhere.
- Bad quality.
- This bike lock is truly amazing. My lock came as shown in the picture absolutely beautiful.
- Lock was broken and my bike was stolen.
#07 – JAHUL Folding Bike Lock
Material: Alloy Steel, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, Rubber
Clasp type: Key Lock
Try not to make it simple for criminals to take your bicycle. Attempt this hard core against robbery bicycle lock to successfully ensure your bicycles. Ideal decision for off-road bicycles, street bicycles, collapsing bicycles and children bikes,etc.
- It’s the perfect length for my needs and not cumbersome to carry around like a lot of the other locks available on the market.
- Great lock for the price- easy to store.
- This bike lock is definitely heavy duty.
- Fearful of scratches.
- Hard to refold.
#08 – Kryptonite Mini candado
Material: High performance hardened steel shackle
Item dimensions LxWxH: 5.51 x 1.18 x 3.27 inches
Clasp type: U-lock
Product weight: 2.16 Pounds
Kryptonite’s 18mm hardened steel shackles are resistant to hand tools and bolt cutters. It has a double deadbolt locking system that provides good holding power. There is a center keyway that protects against leverage attacks. The shackles also have a protective vinyl coating and a sliding cover that extends the cylinder life.
- Exceeded my Expectations!
- Great, Relatively Light Weight Security.
- Perfect for the job and quick city rides.
- Mini locks just make sense.
- Patience of a saint & tons of strength to remove this from the terrible bracket.
- Very disappointed in this lock, especially given the price.
#09 – ACS BMX Pitlock
5mm diameter axles to secure front and rear wheels
Replacement bolt for seat post clamp
Replacement top cap and headphone bolt
Country of origin: Germany
These skewers allow you to secure the wheels of your bike. These are easy to mount and you do not require a cable lock that goes through the wheels. The front axle skewer is 5 inches and the rear axle is 6.5 inches. You can use it on the axles of wheels, the handlebar, and the seat post as well.
- Great for Securing Your Expensive Wheels.
- My favorite bike security product.
- Must have for college students and commuters.
- No need for a cable lock through the wheels.
- Limited application with Fat Tire bikes
- The worst part is that Pitlock does not print a serial number on the key.
#10 – FoldyLock Clipster
Material: Hardened steel with nylon 6 and fiberglass cover
Item dimensions LxWxH: 33.5 x 2.35 x 7.45 inches
Clasp type: Patented Ultra Protected Rivets Clip Folding Lock
Locking your pedal-controlled bike is fundamental, however conveying with you a bike lock can be a problem and that is also it tends to be a serious blemish as well. There exists a few answers for these irritating issues and one of the most recent to hit the market is this very cool, wearable collapsing bike lock called Foldylock Clipster from the people presented to you the seat/bicycle lock mixture.
- Easy to carry and secure, perfect for my fixie bike!
- Strong enough to discourage the seasoned thief.
- Military Grade Bike Lock.
- Very strong and tough but too heavy to carry on a long bike ride.
- The price of the Foldylock is rather high.
- The lock folds flat but requires a rubber strap to stay in a flat shape.
Stay Connected With https://gtgnome.net/
Related Tags – Best Locks for Folding Bikes 2021